Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Falling

I watch as the ground below me collapses. I don't move. I'm already dead. I watch as millions of innocent souls fall to their death, always ending in a harsh landing. A rock hits me. I fall unconscious.
I wake up, wondering if I'm in Heaven. I'm not. Everyone is gone. I search the remains of New York to find any sources of life. Nothing. Then I step in a fragile spot. The concrete cracks beneath me, giving me memories of before. I try to run, but this time, I don't make it. I slip and fall into the opening crack. I fall down, screaming like I never have before. I know that no one will save me. I look up at the clouds one last time. Tears form up in my eyes.
"I'm sorry mom. I'm sorry."
I hit the ground, sending what kept me alive flying in the air. I take one final breath, and then I'm gone. Everyone is gone. Everything is gone. The world's gone.

Everyone Is Gone By Moby

No comments:

Post a Comment