Friday, January 22, 2016

Summer Time

200 feet. Wet sand. Maybe even rock-solid sand. Dragging my gray sandboard on the sand filled with rocks and sticks wasn’t even close to a good idea. The storm had just past. I was at the top of Mt.Baldy in Silver Lake, MI. No one in the world my age has done this before. I would be the first person ever to sandboard down the humongous mountain of mushy, damp sand. To make it even worse, there were tons of footprints covering the dune that would make the trip down jagged and rugged.
      This might be harder than I thought it would, I thought. “I’m still going to do this, if I’m in the record book or not. It’s worth a try.” I said. I set my sandboard down and looked down at the calm waters. The other side was clearly seen where I was. I’m ready, I thought, ready to take on the obstacle that’s blocking my way to excitement and maybe, just maybe, fame.



Took a deep breath.






I did it.











Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment