Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Top Thrill Dragster; The Best Ride Ever!

 Top Thrill Dragster; the Best Ride Ever!
I woke up with the blackness of the night, my posters in different varieties almost invisible, seeming to come to life. The unreal shadow figures visited my bed. I already knew it was nighttime hallucinations, so I didn't fear at all. The stars were still gleaming, and the moon was still shining. I checked my alarm clock, which was also barely visible. It looked like it was somewhere around 5:30. I jumped out of my bed very quietly so I wouldn't wake anyone up, just in case. Everyone’s door was shut, so I checked downstairs. My Grandma was still sleeping in the recliner chair. I tiptoed up the spiral staircase back to my room, and went back to bed to rest until my mom woke up. I stared at the ceiling, looking at the 2015 GT Mustang poster. I got bored, so I got out my IPad and started playing on it. Time flied, and soon I heard a door open. Grandpa's huge room had its door still closed, so I knew it was my mom. I jumped out of bed, and walked toward my mom. "Good morning!" I whispered to my mom.
     "Oh, hi sweetie!" She replied. "Ready for Cedar Point?'
"Yeah!" I whispered.
We put our things together, and left the house very quietly, so we wouldn't wake up Grandma and Grandpa. I ran to the car, opened the door, and hopped inside. I turned on my IPod Nano and played my music.
This is the exact IPod Nano I have (6th generation, product red).

I stared out the window, looking at farms, and seeing a fire on the way there. After about 2 hours and 30 minutes, we were finally there. We got out of the car. I dashed all the way to the line. I looked around. There were hundreds of seagulls, there were fake dinosaurs, and a big screen showing the new features of Cedar Point. They let us in at 9:15, after hearing "The Star Spangled Banner". We didn't have an early entry pass, so we couldn't get on the rides. Then, the unthinkable happened. I begged my mom for me to play their own version of "PLINKO" so we might win early entry passes. My mom finally said yes and I tried. I let go of the round platter, and it landed in the early entry pass slot. We won, and my mom said that I wouldn't win it! We got our passes, and left for Raptor (Top Thrill Dragster wasn't open yet). After the best Raptor ride ever, I told my mom I was ready for Top Thrill Dragster.

 I was as excited as I could get; for that day was the day I promised to go on the second tallest roller coaster in the world for the first time; Top Thrill Dragster. I was always WAY too scared to go on Top Thrill Dragster (I waited 5 years; I chickened out every time). I would look up at the top of the ride and say, "That's way too tall for me to go on. There’s NO WAY I’m ever going to go on that."  Today I looked up at the top and said, "I can't BELIEVE I'm doing this." I ran to the line and walked inside. The line counter (or whatever you call it) said that it would take 15 minutes to get through the line. I thought I was lucky because I almost hate waiting in lines (unless you are finding pennies everywhere or you are at Disney World), and it usually takes an hour. Someone I met said that she had to wait 5 hours, which is a huge amount of time. 

Well, I was almost ready. Almost. It's just the fact that going up that high and on the rules saying that it "occasionally" rolls backwards down the feet it went up just scares me. I know this is normal, but I'm just saying'. I've seen so many people that loved Top Thrill Dragster, and they told me to go on it. And here I was, in the line to go on it. I was feeling scared, but next to us in line was a girl and her dad. They told me that this was also their first time too, so it made me feel a little less scared. Sooner or later, it was my turn. The girl I was talking to chickened out, so her dad only went on the ride. I felt more scared, and then I was in the very front of the car. I watched the traffic light. It turned from red, and then to yellow, and finally green. 


We launched off at 125 mph. My eyes turned into a GoPro camera. My mom had to shut her eyes so her contacts wouldn't fall out. We got sprayed by water. Then, we went 420 feet up in the air. Finally, we reached the top. My mom swore. I looked down. I was happy that we didn't roll back, but we still had that thought that I would get that stomach drop feeling going down 
(I already got it once going up for some apparent reason going up). When I looked down, I saw everything of Cedar Point, Lake Erie, and everything surrounding it. For those 3 seconds, I was happy. I felt like I could fly. I was free from gravity. All of a sudden, my hair flew up. We were going down. I didn't even know since I didn't get that uneasy stomach drop feeling. I stuck my hands up and screamed in excitement.  I could hear everyone's screams. I thought, "Please don't end. Please." We passed the finish line very quickly. The car came to a slow, painless stop.

 I felt from a scared, nervous emotion to an excited, happy emotion. I was also sad at the same time. I wanted the ride to never end. It became my favorite ride ever. I said, "I want to go on that again." But I couldn't. The line was already an hour long. But I learned a valuable lesson. Even if I'm scared to do something, I should go out of my comfort zone and climb my own Everest (I should always try something that I'm scared to do). Now Top Thrill Dragster is my favorite ride ever. I told my mom, "Next time we come, I want to go on it at night time." If I hadn't done this, I would of never learned this lesson.
Dragster at Night will come out in 2015 (no sneak peeks yet)!

1 comment: