Thursday, October 22, 2015

TTD

3. 2. 1. Go. I run as fast as I can. I’m at Cedar Point. I’m feeling like I’m in the Hunger Games.  I find a coaster and wait in line. I’m waiting. Waiting to get on the world’s second tallest coaster. I look around me. There’s a girl in line that starts talking to me. She says she’s from Massachusetts. I get to the coaster. She chickens out and goes to a spot where her father tells her. Me? Well...  
I’m in the seat. Buckle. Click. Seat belt on. Palms. Sweaty. I look at the top of the coaster. I can barely see it because I’m shaking so much. What am I getting myself into? I think. I’m looking behind my seat.  Everyone is really excited and here I am in the very front seat, shaking like I’m in a horror movie. We’re moving forward slowly. We stop at a red light. I stare at the clouds. I pray not to roll back. I move my head to the traffic lights. The time is ticking. The last time I’ll be alive, I think.  I’m starting to doubt the decision I made.  

3. 2. 1. Launch. The light turns green too fast. Too fast to think about my decisions. I’m glued to the back of my seat. I try to see in my own vision. Both my eyes are starting to turn into one GoPro of its own.  I shut them closed. When I open my eyes again, I’m going up. Fast. I’m at 420 feet. I look around. I can see Canada from where I am. I can also easily see Lake Erie. I’m thinking about the lake. Someday I can swim in it. The near ocean waves crashing upon the wet sand, the seagulls crying, the hang gliders flying above my head, and the parachuting that I could try out.

Soon I get back to reality. I'm falling down. Fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment